If you are an attorney and meet the qualifications below you may be a candidate to join a team of lawyers that earn their living using the Internet. Qualifications and potential candidate profiles are below. If you would like to learn more, please complete the form below.
Virtual Attorney Qualifications
“General Practice” areas include Wills and Estates, Real Estate, Employment, Landlord Tenant, Marriage, Domestic, Corporate, Construction, Consumer Matters, etc.
Examples: Power of Attorney, Living Will, Living Trust, Last Will, Real Estate Sales, Landlord Tenant Leases and Notices, Employment Agreements, Real Estate Documents, Incorporation, LLC formation, etc.
- 5+ years of general law practice experience. 10+ preferred.
- Licensed attorney in good standing (License in multiple states is a plus)
- Excellent legal research and writing skills
- Good verbal communication skills
- Internet access, computer and printer, phone
- Liability insurance in force (or insurable)
- Excellent computer skills
- Good working knowledge of general law in state where licensed
- Able to stay current with changes in state law where licensed
- Capable of finding answers to legal questions quickly
- Capable of using mobile devices i.e. iPad, smart phones
- Generally available during business hours
- Willing to assist individuals after normal business hours
- Willing to manage other attorneys as needed as work load increases
Potential Candidate Profiles:
- Looking for eventual freedom from location restrictions (can provide service from anywhere).
- Attorneys not presently employed or looking for employment who would like to get involved and work from home.
- Semi-retired or stay at home individuals
- Adjunct law professors or practicing attorneys looking to supplement income
Work to be Performed:
- Initially will sign independent contractor agreement with a law firm
- Answer legal questions
- Review legal documents prepared by user
- Prepare legal documents ordered by consumer or small business
- Write about law subjects
- Assist with updating and/or drafting legal forms
- Answer questions in connection with form preparation orders
The services to be offered will be marketed by USLegal and USLegal related sites, as well as through a main website for firm. All services offered will be provided using virtual technology. Income to vary depending on work load and work performed and will increase over time. Once workload is beyond ability of attorney to handle, attorney will be given opportunity to network and bring in other attorneys under him/her to manage.
ALL SUBMISSIONS WILL BE CONFIDENTIAL
Submission Form for Interested Attorneys